Saturday, December 17, 2011

Christmas Ornament Project

The gift I've created for my team members at work this year is a star ornament. These ornaments have been altered from a no-longer-used promotional magnet. We had boxes of these that were being purged, but I saw a possibility and grabbed a couple of handfuls. This post contains pictures of the process to create these lovely treasures that I hope the team enjoys and will be proud to hang on their Christmas trees.


Before: Simple blue star-shaped magnets. I glued four of them together to create some weight and thickness to the star.

Covered the stacked stars with foil tape. I have a roll of this (not sheets) so the process was a little random, with lots of seams, vs a smooth sheet.


Next, I ran the foiled-stars through my Big Kick and an embossing folder. Took me awhile to find the right "sandwich" based on the thickness of the star.


Then I "antiqued" the embossed pieces by painting over them with black acrylic paint and working quickly to wipe most of it off. (seems a little wasteful, but I do love the results!). Big thanks to my friend, Annette Kerr, for introducing me to this technique!



Added rock candy stickles to the dried, antiqued stars (which you can't see in the scan).


While things were drying, I stamped, then embossed the Imagine star (from I Brake for Stamp's Time To Stamp line) and cut them out. These were then glued to the ornaments and surrounded by Picket Fence stickles.
I had a bit of glossy black to fiddle with, (the back of the word Imagine) so decided to write 2011 in Inkssentials to commemorate the team's last Christmas together.



Finished with some silver sheer ribbon and we're good to go! This was a fun project!

Sunday, December 4, 2011

'tis the season

Holiday cards are stamped, signed, addressed, and tucked in their envelopes...ready to be wisked away tomorrow morning to their destinations. I went with a simple, yet elegant theme with this years' cards and ATCs. Took inspiration from the Verve Stamps Gallery. The first three shown are cards; the last is an ATC (some cards have Glossy Accents on the Christmas balls; others have Rock Candy stickles. Happy Holidays, all!

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Variety of ATCs



















ATCs I created recently for various swaps and just-for-fun!

New ATCs - Supplies from a friend!

On Stamper's Corner Yahoo Group, we held a swap where you send supplies to a partner to create ATCs. I was the lucky recipient of Robyn's bag of goodness and created these. I added only the gemstones and some background stamping. The beautiful paper, punched butterflies, and image are from Robyn's pkg.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Altered Cardboard ATC

I had so much fun with the altered cardboard piece I created a couple of weeks ago, decided to try another size -- this is an ATC (2 1/2" x 3 1/2"). After exposing most of the corrugated inside, I added lots of paint, distress crackle (tarnished brass); used faux rust tech on the flourish; vintage photo distress stickles in flower centers.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Cards for June birthdays

Nice long weekend with a busy few weeks ahead, so decided to get started on cards for June birthdays...!

This first one was created using a sketch layout from one of my Yahoo groups:
For this pink card, I used a section of a tissue box (pink daisies) as the focal point. Everyone at work is so good about turning in tissue boxes to me when they're empty... This one seemed fitting for a summer birthday!

New corner punch I recently purchased... adds a little more whimsy to this butterfly stamped image. Also dug out my colored pencils and dove blender pen to add a little color to the butterfly and flowers. Diamond stickles add a nice sparkle here and there.


Of course, I had to throw in a little distressed look...


Sunday, May 15, 2011

Altered Art

Some altered ART pieces.

First, an altered bar coaster using a Paper Whimsy image...


This altered tag was for a Tim Holtz-inspired swap...

This last piece is a piece of 4x6 cardboard. We were to alter it for a swap and expose some of the corrugated innerds. I used distress stickles and brass crackle paint to add texture. It was a fun piece to create - think I'll use cardboard again sometime!



Cards-Cards-and more Cards

Another catch-up post - this time cards!









Hello Blog - I've missed you...!

I've been here; been creating art here and there, but have been very lax at sharing any of it via my blog. Shame on me! :) Here are a whole BUNCH of ATCs I've made over the last few months. Enjoy!